Another tuner available for purchase on Amazon is the TC Electronic PolyTune Clip. It offers a modern look and some special functions which can hardly be found anywhere else on the market.
Its weight classifies this specific tuner in the light-weight category with the weight being around 1.4 ounces. Size is also pretty compact for a tuner, which arrives at 1 x 2 x 3 inches dimensions.
It utilizes one CR2 battery which is included in the packaging. TC Electronic PolyTune Clip is chromatic, which means it offers a high precision with additional high-accuracy modes which can be as precise as +/- 0.02 cents. The design is sleek and simple, and it certainly offers a modern, compact design which appeals to young guitar players.
Buying a tuner is a long-term investment and it’s certainly not a choice which can be made in a hurry. Take your time to evaluate the pros and cons of each product before making your final call.
- TC Electronic PolyTune Clip utilizes a special Poly Tune technology which allows you to tune multiple strings at the same time.
- The screen is bright and it can be read and understood easily, even from a distance. This can mean a lot to guitar players looking to tune their guitar even in the middle of a performance, without having to take a break.
- The entire clip is made of steel. This provides the user with a feeling of safety since fragility is not one of its characteristics. It should be able to endure a lot of damage you might expose it to, but don’t push it and go on violent rampages during your tuning sessions!
- TC Electronic PolyTune Clip is powered by a single CR2 battery which offers a solid battery life. It’s nothing special and you should always be prepared and equipped with a charger in a case of emergency.
- The design is modern, and it’s designed in a minimalistic, state-of-the-art fashion. This is the perfect tuner for a younger player, looking for the sleekest new gear.
- Its sensitivity and accuracy are almost unmatched on the market today and the time needed to correctly adjust it is significantly lower its competition.
- The design is absolutely fantastic! It features a compact size, light weight and a cool variation of gray and white shades featured around the LCD screen.
- The Poly Tune technology is something you won’t be able to find in any other tuners available to purchase. This means you can simultaneously tune all six of your strings in a matter of seconds. If you don’t like this, you can easily switch to the traditional method of tuning.
- TC Electronic PolyTune Clip only supports 6-stringed guitars, which means only acoustic, classical and electric guitar players will be able to benefit from this tuner.
- The battery life could really use some improvement since many users have complained about it being too short. This can affect your guitar playing career since it can bail out on you and turn off in the middle of your performance.
- Don’t get too hyped about this product if you live anywhere outside of The United States! The manufacturers are yet to make it available for the rest of the world.
- It can feel inaccurate for the bass string and some customers have reported some minor issues while tuning this particular string.
With everything said, this tuner is a solid purchase for both experienced and beginner guitar players since it offers a simple and user-friendly interface, along with some new and exciting features unavailable anywhere else on the market.
Its accuracy and detection are often praised by its many customers and it’s really one of the most important characteristics to look for while searching for a suitable tuner.
However, TC Electronic PolyTune Clip does not belong to the category of low-priced tuners and you will have to pay up to experience its features.
A major downside would be the fact that this product is currently available for shipping exclusively on the territory of the United States of America. International customers will have to wait for the manufacturers to make it available for the rest of the world.
Additionally, a lot of customers complain about the battery life which is really nothing special. However, the overall feedback is positive and it’s certainly a product worth buying!