The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner Review
Every single guitarist will face a great dilemma during his career in music. Choosing a good guitar and a good tuner can make a world of difference in terms of sound quality, and the choice in choosing both a guitar and a guitar tuner should be approached carefully.
The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner is a state-of-art tuner which offers high-quality support for many different types of stringed instruments. It’s much more advanced than its less famous predecessor, and it certainly offers a higher variety of functions. Its weight is a relatively light, at just 0.3 ounces. Its size is pretty small and it can be easily mounted to a number of different instruments, as well as easily hidden from the viewing audience.
The dimensions provided are 1 x 0.1 x 1 inches, which means it belongs to a class of small size tuners. The only color available for customers to order is black, but quality should really come before a stylish design. Sizes vary from small to XXL and it comes prepacked with a set of corresponding batteries.
- Relatively small size, which can mean a lot to certain instrument players.
- It offers a pretty high calibration range (between 410 and 480 Hertz) which means it can be used for a variety of different instruments.
- A reversible screen is included, meaning it can be placed in various positions.
- It can easily work with guitars, bass, ukulele, banjo, mandolin and many more.
- CR2032 is included with this tuner and there is an auto-off function, which will automatically turn off your tuner after it has been idle for more than ten minutes.
- The display is backlit; turning green when you are in tune, yellow when you are approaching the correct tune, and red when you are completely out of tune.
- The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner features a visual metronome which can calculate anything between 20 and 270bpm.
- Its small size means the guitarist would be able to hide it successfully from the audience, while still having a clear and unobstructed view of the tuners’ readings.
- Its backlit display is an advantage in dark or dim rooms where your vision is limited by your environment.
- The 360-degree swivel mechanism can provide a high-quality support for both left-handed and right-handed guitarists.
- It offers great support for a variety of instruments, meaning that the tuner can be utilized across a number of stringed instruments.
- The battery included is very strong and it provides a solid performance for hours. The auto-off function is certain to save a lot of power during the day.
- The rubberized padded clamp is installed for safety and it functions to protect your guitar and tuner from external damage.
- It’s accuracy is much better than the one of its predecessors ( The D’Addario NS Mini Tuner).
- This item has received a lot of positive feedback with the average score being 4.3 stars out of 5, with the average being calculated from more than 1,500 reviews. This means a lot of people have tried it out, and assured that it’s as good as it was advertised on the site.
- Its small size could cause a guitarist, especially during a live performance, to slightly struggle to see the tuner.
- It’s automatic shut-off feature might cause the user to have to repeatedly turn the tuner on during long jam sessions or performances.
- It is produced in black color only, so don’t expect it to offer a stylish design or to match some of your other equipment.
- Some of its functions are obsolete, and you probably won’t have the chance to try out everything this tuner has to offer.
- The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner is pretty light and small, which means you might run into issues whilst trying to tune in a hurry.
Guitarists need to be very careful while choosing a specific tuner. This is certainly a long-term investment and one should spare no money when looking for a tuner.
There are certain needed functionalities that every tuner should satisfy and The D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner offers exactly what it’s supposed to.
It’s not the perfect tuner, and some flaws have been indicated above. However, it would be a shame not to try out some of its characteristics which you won’t find in any other tuners. The characteristics advertised by the manufacturer do not lie, and you will get exactly what you saw advertised.